Dr watson error 4097 for FDISR ISRCopyXP.exe

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

I got this recurring error in the applications log for DR Watson saying the ISRCopyXP.exe file was giving a error code of 4097. I'm running comodo latest version, SSM latest version, Avast latest version and my xp is up to date with all current patches and updates. I looked at the log and it's always been there as error 4097 since my last reinstall of the operating system. Anyone else get this error 4097 in their applications error log? My computer creates snapshots and archives just fine with no errors but I was wondering what this is? Raxco sent me a new copy engine but not sure why my copy engine would be corrupt as it works just fine supposedly. I can switch between snapshots and all are working fine. The only thing I can think of may is that the VSS engine is set to manual and not automatic. I was comparing the version of ISRCopyXP.exe engine and the new one they gave me was version 1.10.173 at 136kb and the old version I can't tell what version it is but the file size is 128kb. But I had version 173 from the beginning so not sure why I would have an older version of copyxp in the lastest FDISR version. Anyone else wanna look at their application error log and see if it has error code 4097 in it from DRWATSON? This is the application error EVENT LOG in the control panel>performance and maint>Admin tools>Event viewer>Application error records.

Edit: I resolved the problem without needing a new copy engine. No virus or checkdisk error or any problems of that sort. No problems with comodo, SSM or powershadow. Most likely culprit was a setting of "manual" in services that I switched to "automatic" that did the trick. No more error code.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No event errors here. But, also no windows tweaking here.

3. Horus37

I'd like EASTER to weigh in on this as he uses powershadow with FDISR now and I'm wondering if it could be from booting into powershadow from the preboot screen and going into full shadow mode. I'm just trying to eliminate things. Plus I have SSM on this system and it's set to manual not automatic so I don't know how that could be affecting things either. The one thing I did tweak is that I prevented shadowtip from booting up and set it to manual. I've been more leanient with the services I have running. I went through the services but the only one I can see that might be affecting this is the VSS set to manual instead of automatic. I'll switch it to automatic and see.

Anyone using comodo FW and FDISR? The "protect registry entries from modification" has usually always been checked so that might be a concern but the firewall is set to allow all on startup. Just wish I knew what error code 4097 meant.

I also have Avast latest. But there are few things you can tweak on that other than the VRDB which has always been disabled since installation that I suspect would be making FDISR have an error code in a copy file.

From what I gather it's a corrupted copy file and that wouldn't be caused by messing with MS services. I've been conservative on that part anyways with this build so I'm waiting for raxco to futher explain this before I start tweaking my copy engine. I'm hoping it's just a tweak instead of replacing a whole copy engine.

I do use ccleaner but would shudder to think that did something bad to FDISR. I should have knocked on wood.

4. Peter2150

I use CCleaner all the time, but not for registry stuff. Also use SSM. Try disabling Comodo, or at least search this forum for what to disable in comodo, as it can cause a conflict.

Pete

5. Horus37

I'm making headway. Went into all the settings on everything and turned everything off that boots up on start up. Then I also went into services and switched VSS to automatic. I do have
    "backup services" still disabled. I put MS shadow copy to automatic as well. I reboot and now no more code 4097. TA DA! I didn't uncheck protect registry keys in comodo but still kept it to allow all on bootup. SSM is set to manual. Would like to know how to get this to work on automatic though with powershadow and FDISR. Too much to hope for.

So I know it wasn't powershadow, SSM or Avast. Haven't tweaked ccleaner or reused it so nothing there. Must have been a manual setting that I switched over to automatic that did it. I didn't set anything that was disabled to manual or automatic so the automatic setting seems crucial instead of manual.

Now I have to update my other snapshots.

So how do you have your SSM setup to work automatically? EASTER reports he uses SSM with powershadow no problem. If SSM works with fdisr on auto AND FDISR I'll feel complete.

6. Peter2150

I don't see any reason FDISR and SSM should conflict. I have SSM start automatically and have no issues.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I ran SSM too for awhile, no troubles either. I got rid of it, because I was too stupid. :)

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I'm already there and i can see your interest because it was along that same line of thinking that finally propelled me into FD-ISR.

SSM (full/vers.5.68 ) <--My preferred version of choice! plus Power Shadow is been nothing short of routine for quite some time without so much as a burp, really!
    I'm still tickled pink Chuck57 brought us that gift.

Moreover, i also continue to use some snapshots (& archived lol) with the same exact set-up running although now with First Defense and i must be honest, it works to perfection on my WinXP Pro running a measely 512Mb ram and a 1.2 CPU.
    That's my hardware stats in brief but more importantly i didn't conceive that this notion of full compatibility with this trio would do as well as it has so far, but then i have a little more faith in software developers talents via past experiences (just like us) at this stage now that we're pretty well along in this new 21st century, so my hats off to the FD Team & all their supporters for sure.

9. Horus37

Now that they have a whole new version out with vista support I wonder if that means it will run on vista 64? I have a 64 bit chip and I'm chomping at the bit to use it on vista 64.

10. Peter2150

If I had to guess..... I'd guess no. Surprise us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.