Downloading with the TOR bundle?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mac404, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac404

mac404 Registered Member

Hello,

After installing the latest Tor Browser Bundle (as of today) and using the portable version of Firefox included if I click to download a file (filehippo.com, binsearch.info) or anywhere else I get the message:

"An external application is needed to handle: bla bla"

Now I don't have or use any external download managers so if I allow this will the download go through the tor network?

If so how can I test if this is the case?

I have searched and no posts seems the explain this (at least in a way I can understand)

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. mac404

mac404 Registered Member

Hey thanks, but I have already seen that & is not clear if it applies to the TOR Browser Bundle, and if it does, why would a http/https download happen outside the tor connection? that makes no sense to me, also I have not installed any external applications so shouldn't the download go through the included firefox?

& how do I check?

thanks

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It does apply, hence the prompt you are seeing. What are you trying to download?

5. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

If Tor is enabled and you are using Firefox or a derivative with Torbutton enabled, then install and use the DownThemAll! Firefox add-on and it should go through Tor - i.e. right-click to enable one-click DTA - works for me.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.