Downloading Flash: How?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dylanfan, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Hi

I often come along flash videos on information sites, which can be played online. How to do to download those videos on my machine so I can replay and watch them later on at home? There's nothing in my rightclik menu to perform that, so how to go about it?

Thanks

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

It is possible for sites to block you from being able to download it, but if not.

Here is something to try.

If you are using Internet Explorer, Right click anywhere on the page and click "View Source". You'll have to browse a little, but you should see the full url to the video playing. Just copy that and paste it in the address bar. Then, you should be able to get it.

If you are using FireFox, right-click anywhere and choose "View page Info". Then click on the "Media" tab. All media related items will be listed there with the url. Grab it and follow the method above.

When the windows loads with the url that you copy, you should be able to do a File | Save As.

It doesn't always work, but worth a shot :)

3. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Opera, CtrlF3, and you're right, the url is there. Downloaded it, and flv player then does the reading. Very nice!

Many thanks, congratulations for your knowledge.

Cheers :)

4. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Seeing as though you are using the best browser out there :p :D

Here is a widget for Opera that will make downloading .flv files quicker and easier, including from youtube and google video.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up on VLC, use it almost exclusivly, playing .flv files. All ready have the FF extension have just not gotten around to saving any flash to my hdd. to try to play it yet so had not even known what player to use.

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

actually what i normally do is just go to my browser's cache and change the view to date modifcation, rather than name, that way the video will be one of the last things in the cache if i've just watched it. you can then just rename it and move it to wherever you keep your videos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.