Downloader Dyfica 2 AE

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by OnyxUnicorn, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnyxUnicorn

OnyxUnicorn Registered Member

H ithere....I'm new to the computer world. I've only had my computer for about a month and already have been infected several times with Trojans. Usually my anti-virus cleans them, but I have a stubborn one.

I keep getting a message from my anti-virus that it has detected a trojan named Downloader.Dyfica.2.AE in my system information file. I have tried everything I have. Anti-virus scans, Ad-Adware scans, made sure my spywareblaster is updated, and download The Cleaner program, but nothing will detect this Trojan in a scan.

Does anyone know what this virus is and how to get rid of it? Everytime I think I've gotten rid of it, it pops up again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there OnyxUnicron and welcome to the forum.
    Since you didn't write you also tested with TDS your message was moved to here.
    Let me guess, was it AVG finding the infection?
    If so, remember AVG has the habit to hide it's finds for every other scanner and blocking access to them for cleaning.
    So you should close AVG completely --open the AVG GUI, uncheck all options, so the systray icon greys out and close it again-- before you do any other scan with other scanners.
    Also for yourself make sure your folder options are set to display all files and extensions, so no hidden files allowed.

You posted your question in the TDS forum so you might be interested in evaluating TDS from the DiamondCS site at www.diamondcs.com.au , after installing get the latest update from the site and after installing TDS reboot and do your scans.
    In the bottom window would come the alerts, rightclick on one of them to save to TXT which scandump.txt you can paste in your next scan for advice if you like.
    TDS does not quarantine nor clean the nasties automatically, you really get a chance to look at the files and decide what to do with them. You can submit them to submit@diamondcs.com.au for second opinion/advice, certainly files which are said "suspicious" or "possible.."

If you have your security, i wonder how you get infected each time? Firewall, scanning with updated scanners, fully patched windows/internet explorer, what is missing?
    After cleansing, do you disable system restore, reboot, enable system restore again to keep it clean?

3. Randy123

Randy123 Guest

Hi,I have an XP Pc and now infected with the above virus.I run Sophos antivirus regularly,that never picked it up.When i d/l and ran AVS,that highlighted the trojan horse but whenI try to remove it my PC freezes up. What can i do??
    Your help will be appreciated.

4. i had that same virus. i used avg anti-virus and that took care of it the first time.

good luck with that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.