Downloaded file is damaged

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Samaritan, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samaritan

Samaritan Registered Member

This month I have noticed that when my dial-up connection establishes a connection, and Noddy's automatic facility searches for new version automatically and finds one to download, that about 5-10 seconds later I get this message;
    Update attempt failed (Downloaded file is damaged.)

If I then hit the manual Update Now button, it works straight away without failure.

My log reads;
    <01/06/03 23:35:56> Control Center: Internet connection detected
    <01/06/03 23:35:56> Control Center: Search for new version triggered automatically
    <01/06/03 23:36:00> Control Center: Update attempt failed (Downloaded file is damaged.)
    <01/06/03 23:42:20> Control Center: Search for new version triggered manually
    <01/06/03 23:42:48> Control Center: Database successfully Updated to version 1.340 (20030103).

I have tried it with 3 OS from inside my house, and I know a friend who is having the same experience. We both use the same ISP, but I don't think it's them as it did work before.

Can you help please, I have un/reinstalled it without change in result. Tried a fresh downloaded version. It has the same result with XP/ME/98.
    I am concerned that many people do not check their log and it may be happening to them.

Bryan.

2. Samaritan

Mine now works if I use another ISP to dial up with.

I have just now given a detailed report to my default ISP who say they will look into it.

Two of my friends, also with the same ISP & Nod32, also tried another ISP with immediate sucess.

I will keep you informed on what the ISP comes up with.

3. Samaritan

The Answer.

Get your ISP to update Nod32 using the Commercial version through a dial-up connection.

Paradise couldn't duplicate the failure with the trial version so Nod provided them with a temporary licence the test the commercial one.
    Whatever it was, they found the answer within hours and everything is now sweet! ;)

Good Luck.

4. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Samaritan,

thanks for helping us. :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.