download TDS3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by MercyMe, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

I have not had much luck replacing TDS3 , I need instructions.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello MM, what, why, where? and why again?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello MercyMe, What exactly do you mean?
    Have you downloaded the trial or are you trying to update a previous licensed version.
    I f you have the trial version and are trying it again then maybe your 30 day expiry date has lapsed.

Thank you - Pilli

4. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

I already purchased TDS3 and lost it in a worm , last October that took out my backup system. I lost my license, and I am not sure where to down load it now. It wants to go into my PCDR , but that is not where I put it.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sorry MM, your problem is really not clear to me.

Just get the download from the site at www.diamondcs.com.au and remember where you save it on your system.
    It might be really helpful for you to create a new folder "Downloads" where you let all your downloads come in so you can find them back if you sort on date of newest, and scan them with your antivirus before using them.
    Point your downloader to that folder.

Now make sure you look another time if you find your tds3.kf anywhere on your system and if not, the registration email you ever got, with most probably the original keyfile attached to that. Rmember that had another name!
    Would recommend to make a copy of both the email and separate the keyfile on a diskette and put a lable on that on which you write the name and keep that close to your computer.

If you don't find none of those items, write again to support for the keyfile with your registration email account and name etc. And save a copy like just said.

Now remove all the former items of your TDS and whatever you want to install again.
    Only keep personal files if you ever added them for scripts, whatever and copy those to another temporary folder you create outside the TDS directory for that.

Close your av/at and all that kind of protection from the autostart (start > run > msconfig uncheck the av/at items, maybe the firewall as well, possible script blockers, registry protection, but note it down on a piece of paper you keep there with you so you know exactly which items to put back afterwards!)
    Reboot after that, to make sure all files are free.

Install TDS, for which you either choose a new place, do it default or do it in the same place where it was before.
    Choice is yours, but seeing your problems i wouldn't make it too complicated for yourself.
    After that put in your keyfile in that same TDS-3 directory (you might have to unzip it or rename, whatever instructed in the registration email).
    You have to reboot after this, but you might like to go via the msconfig first to put back all the checks for the autostart.
    Reboot and all should be fine.
    If you see TDS is working fine again, copy your personal files back into it too and see after a reload if all is still working fine.

Whatever else is happening on your system is far beyond my understanding.
    Are you sure you ever cleansed out the system completely from all the worm and whatever it did?
    Maybe the cleansing damaged other things.
    Did you try a system restore to before that worm date (you were using XP didn't you?) or if nothing really helped completely a reformat and new install of everything (you know we don't recommend that easily as nobody is really looking for that!)?

6. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

Thank you Jooskie
    I am having a new computer shipped and should get it in about 2 weeks. I don't if I should do this , but will keep a print out of your information.
    I did look for the tds.kf and no longer have it.
    I will check and see if I kept a print out of the e-mail with that key on it.
    Thank you again

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You're welcome!
    Wow, a new computer, hope this is because you like it and not because of any damage?
    Which windows version will you be running on that one?

In the meantime please email support@diamondcs.com.au for a new copy of the registration key with the email address etc you registered the software with the other time. I'm sure it will help you to be ready before the new system comes in!
    And do copy it separately on a diskette you keep as a most precious jewel beside your computer; think it's a good idea to keep all your registration info on that: keyfiles, registration emails/instructions, also for your other programs.

Maybe you can use the current computer (if it's all ok again and to be trusted) in a little homenetwork to store your backup on it, but only if it's really tiptop again.

Keep us informed how it goes!

8. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

I am running Windows 98 SE on what was Windows95, IBM Aptiva. I am getting a new one because it is to difficult to get Windows 95 downloads, and I had to do a complete recovery, back to when the machine was new. I lost all my back up system and because I had moved , I can't find all my disks. My Norton recovery program was no help at all, because there was no information in the backup system to retrieve. In fact there was no back up system either. It had to be recreated also.
    How can I tell if I still have a worm? My Norton is not picking up on anything.

9. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

Oh, I will be running a Gateway 310S , I do not know much about them, but I don't know a great deal about the one I have had sense 1995. I think that is old age. LOL and a windshield in the head.

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So the new one might be running windows XP home maybe?

11. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

Jooskie
    Yes I think that is what I ordered the X/p, I hope to learn to operate it.

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you were on 98 recently, you'll see a lot almost the same and lots of very nice new features. Maybe you like to take a short introduction course somewhere around as there are overhere everywhere, in the local library for instance. And there are those very easy step-by-step magazine books with all instructions, etc.
    Would certainly have a look into those for tips and howto's.

13. Judith VanZevern

Judith VanZevern Registered Member

I think I can pick up some good books. There must be something, there is no training center here that I am aware of. But If you know the name of a good Magazine, I would appreciate it.

14. Judith VanZevern

How do I get back to MercyMe?
    Yikes

15. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, it seems that you just registered here at the Wilders Forum, and that you are currently logged into your new member ID. If you'd rather post as a Guest all you need to do is use the logout button at the top of the screen. ( [​IMG] ) Press it once and you'll be signed off this forum and unless you log on again, you'll be posting as a Guest.

Though there is certainly no reason not to use your new member ID. If you'd like to change the name of it, then we can do that, too.

16. Judith VanZevern

Thank you LowWaterMark
    Funny you answered, I have been without Water 8 times sense I moved to a new State, LOL.
    Now another silly question:
    When I do a scan and I get told no file exists, how can it scan those and why don't those file names just delete themselves?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.