Download software OR wait for original cd ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PETE67, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PETE67

PETE67 Guest

Hi,

I am going to purchase True Image 8.0 for system backups. There are 2 options - I can pay and download the software immediately OR pay for it and have the disk mailed to me.

#1 Are there any advantages to having the original cd versus the download copy ?
    #2 Is the cd I would get in the mail the same files(s) I would download ?
    #3 Do I have to use the software on the pc I purchased and downloaded to ?

I have never used "downloadable" software before so don't know what to expect. After I download the software I would back up the file(s) onto a cd.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
    Pete

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Not really. As long as you intend to install True Image, you can make a bootable recovery CD which is what the original CD is as well as the distribution disk.
    Probably or a slightly older version of the product if an update has come out since the CD was made. By downloading, you get the latest version. Since updates come out fairly often, you will likely be downloading an update before too long, so you might just as well start with a download. Just burn it to a CD so you have it in case you can't get online.
    Absolutely not. You can move it to a different CD over your network or burn it to a CD and carry it to another computer.
    There's just one file, approximately 22MB. After downloading it, you double click it and that starts the installation wizard.

Welcome aboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.