Download Sites

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Veronika, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veronika

Veronika Guest

On the javacoolsoftware site, there are 5 links to d/l
    The first one, Major Geeks..has 3 links...all 3 only offer me spywareblastersetup.exe
    The 2nd and 3rd d/l links on javacoolsoftware, also only offer me spywareblastersetup.exe
    the 4th and 5th links offer me spywareblaster31setup.exe but there are no verification signatures

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Veronika,

While this does not address your question concerning verification....I just now downloaded all those versions and can confirm they are all the latest version of SpywareBlaster....3.1

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The download files are all checked periodically, and to date there has never been a problem. One improvement that could be made is to include the MD5 checksum on the main download page itself, then people could check the file they get from whichever mirror they use to make sure it's correct, regardless of site used or final filename which doesn't effect the MD5 anyway.

The MD5 for SpywareBlaster 3.1 is: BFC312A531FCFCA5205FE385177CC5EA

Personally, I include the version number in the filename just because that helps with caching issues at larger ISPs. If you don't change the filename, a lot of users (like those at AOL) end up pulling the old version still, following a new release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.