Download problem - Macromedia Flash Player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Avogadro, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avogadro

Avogadro Registered Member

I have made numerous attempts to download Macromedia Flash Player but always without success.
    My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition, with SP2; my browser is Internet Explorer 7.
    Can anyone please explain the reason for these failures, and offer suggestions to enable a successful download?
    Avogadro

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi Avogadro,

Maybe you can try this one (for IE):

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/ge...censing/win/install_flash_player_active_x.exe

3. Avogadro

Avogadro Registered Member

Hello Chubb
    Thanks for your reply.
    I clinked on the download link you gave me, and it appeared to run and install in a normal manner. However, when I tested to see if it was working properly by opening up a greeting card website which I know requires Flash Player for viewing most of the cards, I found that these cards could not be viewed.
    A Search of my computer showed that a Macromedia folder has been installed in in the Application Data folder.
    Clearly there is something wrong,
    Any further suggestions?
    Avogadro

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I`d check your option settings in IE to see if Flash is checked in order to play. I don`t use IE anymore but they can`t be too hard to find.

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

You had an older version? Did you try to uninstall before? It is tricky to uninstall this bugger, and to install the new version. If you can't uninstall, it could be because flash is still in use. One has to close all apps that use flash in order to uninstall first. If you can't, try this utility to stop flash, uninstall, and install the newest version.

Ultimately this is what worked with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.