Download of Large Files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Seer, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello Blackspear (or anyone :) ).

I have a question regarding IMON. Please take a look at the screenshot:

Untitled.jpg

What exactly mean "larger" files? I never see a download progress from NOD, and yet this setting is enabled...

TIA,

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is to do with the size of an incoming file via email, website etc and how NOD32 displays the notification of the scan of that file.

Cheers :D

3. kenw

kenw Registered Member

When I get an email which has an attachment of a megabyte or more, there is a popup bar by my taskbar which shows download progress.
    I haven't really noticed, at what size attachment, the bar pops up.

4. Blackspear

It depends upon your settings in the following attachment...

Attached Files:

5. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello again Blackspear. :)

That's the info. I completely overlooked that "Larger file settings". Thank you again, and have a nice day.

Cheers.

6. Blackspear

You are welcome.

7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello :)

I had a closer look at those screenshots (and tried it in NOD). The screenshot from Blackspear's post #4 shows the settings for "switching to compatible mode" based on file size or downloading time (or both). But the first screenshot shows the settings for "download progress". OK, maybe the size needed for progress to function is adjusted on HTTP tab, but I still can't see transparent window with info... :doubt: no matter what size or time I set...

A little digression: a few months ago (when I joined Wilders) I tried BSFS :D , and I remember I had that dark transparent pop-ups rolling out at the lower-right corner of my screen when browsing. I have since found BSFS too "automated" for my taste, so I changed some settings, and the progress popups disappeared. I have never managed to get them back...
    That was with build 32 (or was it 29, not sure). This here now is 39. Maybe that's the reason o_O Or is it the fact that I'm now using Opera instead of IE?
    Well, this is just something I've been thinking about a few last days, but thought it was not worth a thread. Not that I really want that popups, but a feature is a feature ;)

My regards. :)

8. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

Hello The Seer,
    I believe the only way to see the progress windows is to ensure the client compatibility setting is set to higher efficiency for the application so it has to switch. Switching to Opera without changing that setting could certainly be a cause.

9. Seer

Seer Registered Member

FirePost,:D

yes, you are right. I'm not using "high efficiency". That's what I disabled. NOD does have a "high efficiency" mode for Opera, but I'm all set for "compatibility". Anyway, thank you my friend. :) I'll go and play with NOD for a while now...

Cheers.:thumb:

10. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

IMON set up: Despite setting POP3 to show checked mail confirmations to "all mail" , it just doesn't happen!
    I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 as my email client
    Is there an answer to this? I do like to see confirmation that incoming mail has been checked and I am sure that recipients of outgoing mail are reassured by seeing confirmation, too.That also has the benefit of bringing both Eset & NOD32 to the attention of a wider audience, most of whom won't have heard of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  11. Blackspear

Incoming will have the notification with Thunderbird, outgoing will not.

12. rogervernon

Nope - Incoming doesn't!

13. Blackspear

Try removing the setting in IMON, reboot your PC and then place the setting back in. Failing this, uninstall and reinstall a FRESH copy of NOD32.

14. rogervernon

I think I've sussed it.
    After following Blackspear's advice, I installed a fresh copy of NOD32 and still found no incoming tags on Thunderbird, following test messages from a joint account to my account.
    I sent a further test to my regular ISP's POP3 account and there it was -tagged with the "scanned" message.
    Seems odd I thought - BUT I use Gmail's POP3 & SMTP set up on my regular Thunderbird client, as our default email accounts. (Gmail are about the only web mail account to provide ordinary POP & SMTP mail). They use SSL port 995 for POP3 and SSL, Port 465 for SMTP.
    NOD is set to check both these ports in addition to the usual 110 etc. but nevertheless it would seem that for some reason the inability to certify incoming mail is linked to using these SSL ports.
    Correct do you think?

15. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Gmail uses SSL ports (encrypted) and IMON can't scan this. So there will be no incoming tags.

16. rogervernon

That's what I thought after my experiments - thanks for the confirmation

17. Blackspear

A work around HERE

18. rogervernon

Thanks, Blackspear.
    Being a bit of a computer idiot, stunnel looks as though it is just a little more complicated to install than the usual click/download/install scenario.
    I'll need to set aside a bit of time when either SWMBO doesn't want the PC, or the swimming pool doesn't beckon quite so hard :) (summer on the Costa del Sol, you know!)

19. Blackspear

LOL, no worries.

20. rogervernon

Oh, well - I can't get it to work, so no IMON scanning for my email!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.