Download manager that can join two-part downloads automatically?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Jun 15, 2016.

1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I had a free trial of Internet Download Manager and discovered it can automatically join two-part downloads, audio and video for example that have to be downloaded separately. But the trial ran out and I don't want it bad enough to invest any cash in it. Would someone know if there's a good free app that can do the same thing? I'm not looking for a browser plugin; I have one already in Firefox but it only works for YouTube. I'd like to find something that works on YouTube but also works other places, and can monitor IE. An accelerator would also be good, IDM's speed was incredible. Thanks. :)

Forgot to mention, I don't have Java runtime environment on this computer so JDownloader's out, and any others that require it.

2. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Wow, been using registered IDM for years, and never knew it could combine audio files and video files! Are you referring to downloading a 1080p music video clip from Youtube, since it'll have to combine seperate audio and video, unlike 720p? For 20 something bucks. it's peanuts really...

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'm not sure what you mean when you say two-part downloads.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass Registered Member

Frankly, I also do not believe, however, can not be verified, because do not use such rubbish.

5. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

EagleGet. It has an option to join video-audio files.

6. quietman

quietman Registered Member

I reckon it's always worth having a quick look here -

https://alternativeto.net/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.