Downgrade to ESET Antivirus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by madjack59, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madjack59

madjack59 Registered Member

I purchased multiple license of ESET Smart Security. The licenses are valid until 2/5/2013.

I've given up trying to get the firewall to work the way I need it to. Despite setting up rules to allow port 22 access to/from any computer on the trusted network (192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0), I still cannot connect to my GIT server via SSH without turning off the firewall.

After installing the Amazon Kindle for PC reader, I found the reader couldn't connect to the internet to get updates and sync content. (Amazon's forums indicate it's only using ports 80 and 443.) So I added a rule for the kindle.exe app to access the internet. Still no go. However, after I turn off the ESET firewall, the Kindle for PC app works fine.

Frankly, I'm tired of fighting with ESET's firewall. It's turned off half the time anyway. I've got a firewall appliance in place and will be happy with the Windows 7 firewall as a second line of defense.

How can I deactivate Smart Security for the licenses we purchased and get license keys for ESET Anti-virus?

jack

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Your current licenses should work with just the antivirus program.

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Yes just use the same license it works on both programs

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Did you open a ticket with tech support and go over the ESET Personal Firewall rules with them? I would think they would be able to assist you in creating the needed rules.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

To start off, I'd suggest enabling logging of blocked connections in the IDS setup. If a connection is blocked, check the firewall log for details about the rule that blocked the connection. If you're unable to make it work, contact customer care or simply paste here the relevant entries from the firewall log and will do our best to help you configure your ESS firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.