Doubts on Acronis True Image 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by b0ib0ii, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b0ib0ii

b0ib0ii Registered Member

I've notice I can backup the system using this program, now I have some doubts on this program, I'm currently running an Windows Vista Home Basic OS and I want to try out installing Windows 7. But I do not want to create a partition. I just want a full clean installation on Windows 7 in my system. I've backup my Windows Vista Home Basic using Acronis True Image 2009. Now, if I do an clean install on Windows 7 in my system, I understand that all my OneKey recovery image file (Using Lenovo Desktop which comes with Recovery features) will be lost and can't be retrieve back.

So, If I restore back the system that I've backup'ed ealier on using Acronis True Image 2009, will I get back the OneKey recovery image and will it work

2. b0ib0ii

Someone helps?

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I think only a Lenovo user who has done a full system restore will be able to answer your question, so you may not get one.

In theory, I'd expect these backups to be restored as long as you selected the entire hard drive and not just the C: partition when you made the TI backup image.

Considering the low cost of hard drives these days, even for notebooks, you might consider buying a new hard drive for the Windows 7 installation. That would leave your current drives safely preserved in case the restore doesn't do exactly what you hope.

4. b0ib0ii

It's the entire hard drive C: drive. Cause I do not have any partition left. Any Lenovo Desktop user use Acronis True Image 2009 to backup their system and the Recovery features will still be able to function well?

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

As John has indicated in post #3. Your safety bet is to get a new spare drive and protect your master. After you have done your testing, then you can use your new drive as a extra backup drive or your Vista os.

Note: Windows 7 is not supported by TrueImage. TrueImage Home will work for some and not others where Windows 7 is being tested. I realize this is not your issue but be aware of the Acronis position.

There has been quite of few recent postings about Windows 7. You might want to do some searching on this forum.

6. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

How would you do this? I sort of get the idea but have no idea how it would be done. If anyone could point me to some ref material I would be thankful.

Sorry to shift the thread from its focus.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello b0ib0ii,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If you create full drive backup then it will include diagnostic partition with Recovery features. After restoring the backup your diagnostic partition with Lenovo tools will be also recovered.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

8. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

They mean get another laptop drive, remove the original so no changes are made to it. Then instal the other drive and do the Win 7 installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.