Doubting SSD

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Get, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Registered Member

I'm going to build a new pc and have a ssd for windows and a hdd for data. The ssd is a Samsung 840 pro series 128. Reading stuff about problems and ssd not being mature yet I'm in doubt to replace it with a hhd. The question is...what are the odds of something going really wrong in comparison with a hdd. Another question is...is the chance the same with 128 as it is with 256 Gb?

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

You could do a hybrid setup as most people do. Use the SSD for your regular programs and windows to take advantage of the speed and use a second HDD for all other files. :thumb:
    There will be no problem as long as you make backups. :rolleyes:

3. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

Go for it!
    There were issues with SSDs in the past but these are well and truly history now. I replaced my HDD spinner some time ago and now use it as external storage.
    Size of the SSD is now largely irrelevant in terms of longevity.
    Just don't defrag it and don't run interminable 'benchmark' tests which do more harm than good!

IMO, SSDs are no more or no less reliable than 'spinners! :thumb:

4. Get

Get Registered Member

I will keep the Samsung then. I also bought a hdd for other files, so it will be hybrid. Now wait for win7 which is hard to get here in english:'( .

5. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I don't swear about it, but i think retail keys of specific language versions, can work with the same version of english version. If you google about it, you can surely find a definitive answer. I had done that some time ago, but i m not 100% sure.

If so, you can buy a dutch Win7, then download the same version (Home for Home, Pro for Pro) in english from the internet (if you search for it, i bet you can find it) and use your dutch key for the english Win7.

But do a bit of searching on your own on that.

6. Get

Get Registered Member

Didn't know that. I first bought a dutch by mistake en sent it back and ordered an english. I just heard today that it will be at the store the 18th and I said that's ok, so I will just wait for it. Something to look forward to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.