DoubleClick causing issues

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bru, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bru

bru Registered Member

Forgive my ignorance but I have a couple questions.

I use IE8. Recently I was looking in to some problems I am having with websites displaying properly and getting Unknown Zone (Mixed) for security zones.

I was led to Restricted Sites and had to remove a site *.doubleclick.net related to AdSense. Websites were now displaying properly but I was still occasionally getting Unknown Zone (mixed).

When I opened SpywareBlaster I was told I had 1 item disabled in restricted zones. So I reeneabled all protection and my problems returned.

So again I removed *.doubleclick.net from Restricted Sites and all is good.

Can I remove doubleclick permanently from SpywareBlaster?

What about my Unknown Zone (Mixed)? Are there other sites in Restricted Zone that are causing it?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

"Can I remove doubleclick permanently from SpywareBlaster?"

Open SpywareBlaster. Click on RESTRICTED SITES. Locate and HIGHLIGHT the site you wish to remove. I believe you're referring to
    DoubleClick (2) doublclick.net
    Once highlighted, RIGHT-click on that entry. From the pop-up menu, select IGNORE LIST...> , then ADD ITEM TO IGNORE LIST.

That will prevent SpywareBlaster from re-adding it each time you enable protection. I believe that's what you were asking to do.

3. bru

bru Registered Member

Thank you. Yes that helps me place the site in the ignore list so I don't have to always uncheck it.

I still am hoping to understand my other issues, specifically why I am getting Unknown Zone (Mixed). I am sure it is related to sites that SB has placed in Restricted Zones.

Other than manually going through thousands of sites I'm not sure how else to proceed.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.