DOS-prompt??? install directly from Hard Disk?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by robinwemen, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robinwemen

robinwemen Guest

i) Can i go to Dos-prompt directly under OS-Selector 10?

ii) I can see that OS-Selector has well supported to install a new OS with
    CD ROM. But.....~~ May i install a new OS directly from my Hard Disk?
    Such as Me or Linux?

2. Robinwemen

Robinwemen Guest

I am using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robinwemen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

If I understand you right you wish to have a command-line mode of Acronis OS Selector. Please note that it is not possible, Acronis OS Selector has no command-line mode. In case you want to boot MS-DOS from Acronis OS Selector then you should have it installed on a primary active partition.

Please note that Acronis Os Selector does not allow you to install Windows 95/98/Me directly from a hard drive on a machine where later Windows version is already installed.

Please be aware that if you have a later then Windows Me Windows operating system installed on your computer, then you should create a bootable media (most likely floppy diskette) of MS-DOS system and boot from it in order to run the installation of Windows Me. Please take a look at the section 8.2 of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

Please also note that the only possibility to install Linux onto machine where no Linux installation persists is to create an installation bootable media. Please refer to a Linux installation manuals on this matter.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.