Don't Laugh, An IncrediMail Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Graystoke, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I'm sure some people will be rolling their eys, and I'll probably be trashed for saying this, but I use Incredimail.

Ok, now that I've got that out of the way, here's the problem. I upgraded to the latest version of Incredimail. I found out that what used to be free is no longer free, namely their Junk E-mail Filter. I can't see paying a yearly fee of $39 dollars, when it is offered free in the older versions.

Last night I uninstalled the latest version, cleared everything out, and installed the last version that offered the junk e-mail filter for free. Everything was ok until I tried to send an e-mail. I couldn't send or receive e-mail with the older version installed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times, with no luck. I finally did a system restore to before I started this whole process.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this problem? I used to use this particular version prior to installing the latest, without any problems at all. I don't really want to ask Incredimail's tech support, because I know they'll try to convince me to stay with the latest version.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. norky

norky Registered Member

I see you on dslr!

Were there any error messages?

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

No. No error messages. I allowed all Incredimail functions through my firewall. I even tried shutting down my firewall and AV. That didn't help either.

4. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I can't answer your qustion but at soon as I tried to get past Incredimail's home page (click here) I got a pop up warning from Avira.

Virus or unwanted program 'DR/Dldr.ImLoader.N [dropper]'
    detected in file 'D:\User\Mozilla\Firefox\Cache\53965C2Bd01.
    Action performed: Deny access

5. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hello Graystoke !!!

If your DEP ( Data Execution Prevention ) is active for all processes ( have you on Boot.ini : =OptOut )...

... yet in the DEP : Enable for all programs EXCEPT : IncrediMail Application, IncrediMail Notifier, IncrediMail Tray Application ... APPLY.

... nothing, nothing ... so that you are happy ...

Your PROROOTECT ( Beta )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.