dont know what happen to my disk

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by aben4rent, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aben4rent

aben4rent Guest

heres my story. i have here a 80 gig hard disk drive it was partition into 2 first is the fat32 which is 30gig and ntfs which is 50gig. what happend was the fat32 crashed and i tried to recover it using recovery expert after the process what the recovery expert did was it partitioned fat32 into 2 which is named ITD-SD_PE and the other drive D but there is still unpartitioned space (20+ gig) so what i want to do is merge all the drive together and the ntfs part to make it whole 80 gig (ntfs) again so i deleted all unrecovered and unpartitioned space except the ntfs drive and format it into ntfs then i used the increase free space feature in acronis disk director but after doing so i successfully merged the ITD-SD_PE drive but not the D drive and my ntfs drive cannot be accessed and appears to be full which is not coz it only contains about 35gig of data and that data i want to recover but i cant access it the disk director display it with a red X icon infront of the drive. pls help me i need advice on what to do. all my files and mp3 is in the NTFS partition i need to recover them.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aben4rent,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you,
    --
    Irina Shirokova.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  3. aben4rent

aben4rent Registered Member

thank you soooo much miss moderator..i will email it asap! :-*

4. Acronis Support

Hello aben4rent,

There is no problem with delays from your side. You may contact us at any time you find convinient. If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. aben4rent

miss moderator i already have sent the report.txt to the email how come i havent received an autoreply. can my files still be recoverable? is there any way.

edit:
    added attachment: report.txt

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  6. aben4rent

how come nobody is replying..maybe my disk is unrecoverable. dang! :mad:

7. Acronis Support

Hello aben4rent,

Thank you for all the information you sent us. Please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. aben4rent

hi miss moderator..i havent received a single reply, i sent it twice already but theres no reply so i posted the report.txt that was generated using the program u gave me. im starting to lose hope all my files,programs and mp3 is in that hard disk, i should have made a back up :'(

9. Acronis Support

Hello aben4rent,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team? I will try to find a solution for the problem sooner.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

10. aben4rent

miss moderator heres the number sent by the autoreply Acronis #344775 ive already did what the email instructed me to do but my drive is still unusable.

11. Acronis Support

Hello aben4rent,

Could you please create a new report (the "report.txt" file) and send it to Ilya? This will allow us to see whether your hard drive has some errors.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

12. This software sucks and you are all idiots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.