Don't know if I trust ATI anymore !

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yankinNcrankin, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

I recently bought ATI version 9.0.0.3677 from Comp USA they had an instant $20 off special, so I said why not I paid $30 for it. Installed it on a totally fresh clean system XP proS2, which is partitioned C & D. Installation ok. Tried doing the secure partion thing but kept failing. So I just decided to do a complete back up of C which is only 1.2 Gigs. Saved the file in D. Everything ok. Tested the restore worked perfectly.
    Started installing and testing different programs. Restored again no problems. Until I tried to restore my system after I had installed webroot's spysweeper. I was able to access my archive file but when I got to the screen that says where to restore it to I had no Partions to restore it to. Very weird when the previous screens before was reading my partitions just fine, able to get to my file select it and go to next step but in the next screen no partitions to restore it to so obviously i have to cancel the operation theres no other options. Im really disappointed I really liked ATI but this incident has given me doubts. I even had my file on a external which i was able to access the file but as I proceed to the next screen step no partitions available to install it into. I dont understand what happened when the restores were working just find b4. That sucks to b able to access your reestore file and not be able to put it anywhere cuz ATI cant see your partitions. It did earlier I wonder what happened? I guess thats where a DOS preboot enviornment seems to do better. ~Off topic comments removed - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2006
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

When you select the filename of the image file to restore does it show the included partition(s) as labelled blocks in the pane above the filename box?

TI is using the information contained in the archive file to list the partitions to restore.

Does it do this in Windows and using the bootable rescue CD?

If you made a Files and Folders backup rather than a partition image there is no partition image to display. Does it show this behaviour on an image that previously restored OK?

3. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Yes it was able to restore before thats why I cant figure out what happened. I used a complete back up of C archive not individual folders. I used the full .tib file of C which only takes ATI 1min 30 sec to create. I used the recovery CD also tried the 1 I created no problems in getting to the ATI enviornment. Was able to browse to my complete back up of C on a side note I never do incremental back ups I always do a brand new complete back up of C I mean it dont take long anyways. I have at least 4 different complete back ups of my C, 2 that are stored on a protable USB. So back to it I'm able to select my tib file go through the restoration steps but when i get to this window that asks me to select the partition to restore NOTHING to select. As I said earlier I didnt have that problem before. I dont know what happened. I can only guess some compatability issues when trying to read my set up on my HD, very weird cause its able to see my set up in the ATI enviornment so that Im able to browse to my file but when I get to the next step on selecting a partition to restore it to NOTHING. Kind of makes me wonder if ATI is using some of the actual ATI set up installation files located on my OS if thats the case its like booting into safemode and not a true ATI similar to DOS enviornment ? I cant even find the right words to make sense. I'm just Bummed ! ~Non-support related comments removed - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello yankinNcrankin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, we recommend that you completely uninstall Webroot Spysweeper as it may block the access to the hard drive or encrypt the hard drive contents in some way so that Acronis True Image cannot access it. Then please try to restore the image once more and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after uninstalling Webroot Spysweeper, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Can you confirm that the problem appears both when you initialize the restoration process within Windows and when you are using the Bootable Rescue CD?

- Use a digital camera to make a shots of the corresponding Restore Data Wizard screens showing no partitions to restore the data to.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.