Doesn't understand posite or negative setting in the Protocol filtering sub menu

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rrizzo, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrizzo

rrizzo Registered Member

Hello,
    I'm new in this forum so if I do someting wrong, sorry.
    I am a neeby with ESET too.
    We experience here sometime disuption with web browsing access and outlook connection with exhange server and find the KB Solution ID: SOLN2132|Last Revised: January 11, 2012
    In this KB the parameter is to exclude some applications in the list of the windows "Excluded Application" But I dont understand the positive and the neagtive term because for me they are in oposition.
    Could you help me with that.

5.Expand Protocol filtering, click Excluded applications and make sure that only the applications you want scanned are selected. Typically only web browsers (iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe, etc.) need to be selected. If it is not in the list, click Add and browse to the .exe file path of the application to be excluded from protocol filtering.

So if we want here only scan the Outook and IE, why it's an excluded list and not an ONLY application list.

Many thanks for your help.

rrizzo

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

You are correct that the article does have contradictory information and I apologize for that. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are working to correct this article and to better explain what different options are available for protocol filtering.

Specifically, the problem exists with the "applications you want scanned" line that should read "applications you want excluded" and then ignore the "Typically..." sentence.

If you want or need further instructions before the corrected articles are published (this week), please provide further details about your computer system and ESET security product and version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.