Does Verify check ALL tib files in a multivolume image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mark7, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

Ok, perhaps an obvious question... [I once read that there are no stupid questions, but that those are the easiest ones to answer ;) ]

When performing an image verification of a multivolume archive, does it matter which tib file is selected (*1.tib, *2.tib, etc.)?

Will the verification process proceed to check ALL tib files for that multivolume image regardless of which tib file is selected initially?

2. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Mark7

My understanding is that the answer is YES. It will check's all of them. I'm sure that this post will get a response from one of the Aconis support Reps with the same response.

Storage_man

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mark7,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It doesn't matter which volume you choose in the "Check Image" wizard. Acronis True Image verifies the whole image and will find and check all the parts of multivolume archive. Please note that if the image is stored on the hard drive you need to store all the parts on a single folder while you can verify the image splitted over several CDs or DVDs.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.