Does TrueImage 7 Boot CD read UDF Format

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Omicron, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omicron

Omicron Registered Member

Does TrueImage 7 Boot CD read UDF Format?

I am not sure, with which format I should burn the backup files to DVD.

Nero provide 2 formats

- normal ISO (just allow filessize until 2GB)
    - UDF (version 1.02 - 2.5)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Omicron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Actually, Acronis True Image 7.0 is rather obsolete version and we do not support it any more. However, it does work with UDF but I can recommend that you use one of early revisions such as 1.02. Acronis True Image 8.0 does support any UDF revision up to 2.1.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Omicron,

I'm not entirely sure which method you intend to use to burn an image to DVD.

If burning direct to DVD from TI running in Windows mode then you'll need UDF packet writing software running in the background (in your case it'll be InCD I guess). You'll also need a DVD+/-RW that has been InCD formatted with UDF file system 1.5, 2.0, 2.01 but not 2.5 (this <previous post> provides a little more info on why you can't use version 2.5).

If you intend using the alternative, two-stage, method detailed in the Acronis True Image On-line FAQ/User's Guide then use Nero to burn either a DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation or a DVD-ROM (UDF) compilation.
    In the case of the ISO compilation, the image created on your HD will need to have been split at 2000MB file size not 2GB as mentioned in the On-line FAQ. If split at 2GB Nero will throw up an error stating that the file size exceeds the ISO limit (See my post to Acronis Support in this <previous thread> for an explanation). In addition, I recommend setting the ISO file system to "ISO 9660+Joliet".
    As far as a DVD-ROM (UDF) compilation is concerned you can elect to use UDF file system version 1.02, 1.50, 2.00 or 2.01. Please note that, at this point in time, file system version 2.5 is not available for Nero DVD-ROM (UDF) compilations. Hence reason for the uncertainty stated at the beginning of my reply.

Regards

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  4. Omicron

Omicron Registered Member

thanks in this case I will use UDF 1.02 to burn the images onto DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.