Does True Image work with Intel p35 ICH9 Raid 0?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ochocinco, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ochocinco

ochocinco Registered Member

Does True Image work with Intel p35 ICH9 Raid 0
    i need to be able to boot from secure zone on an intel iCH9 raid 0 setup.

thanks in advance.

2. DLE

DLE Registered Member

I have TI 2009 running on a HP (Asus P35 equivilant) motherboard using Intel ICH8R / ICH9R SATA Raid Controller running Raid 1. I'm running Vista 32 SP1 and have had no issues todate saving or restoring. I've booted from the rescue disk and can see all drives (non raid) as well as my Raid 1 Volume. I have saved and restored files. I have backed up and verified images both through windows and the rescure disk. I have not attempted to restore an image as this is a all or nothing and I think I'll wait until I have no choice. I know you were asking about Raid 0, but I thought I'd share my expierence with the Intel Raid.

3. ochocinco

i want to boot from secure zone not a rescue disc but i am not sure if they both load using the same methods.

if so i am ready to purchase.

4. ochocinco

works great on ICH9 Thanx

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

They're both gonna us linux to restore.

The advantage of the secure zone is that you don't need a bootcd. The disadvantage is you make a special partiton on youhdisk and, to do the boot recovery, let ati muck about with your boot strap on the hdisk, which causes some folks problems (trashes the disk) but doesn't avoiding any of the linux driver issues one might face with the bootCD.

I'd recommend only using the SZ if you really have to. It's certainly not necessary for doing backups and restores.

6. ochocinco

but its necessary to give my parents a quick restore button without needing me to fix it all the time :)

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ochocinco,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

We do not expect problems with running Acronis True Image Home 2009 with that particular hardware.

I would recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image Home 2009 in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.