Does TI8 or TI9 work..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tumppiw, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumppiw

tumppiw Registered Member

on a ASUS A8N-VM mobo
    - NVIDIA nForce 410
    - AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64FX / Athlon 64

??
    Tried a friends TI8 and it wouldn't detect my USB HD..

2. tumppiw

tumppiw Registered Member

Addition:

I mean the Rescue CD doesn't detect my external HD, on any USB 2.0 port

It works on my old machine, a Athlon t-bird 1.2GHz and add-in USB2 card..

Pirated a TI9 build 2302 , and it doesn't, either....

I can make an image over the network to the other machine, but can't do anything with the rescue CD (created in the pirated TI9)

If I can get it to work, I'd be intersted in buying the stuff, if I find a reseller in Finland...

TIA

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tumppiw,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please be aware that Acronis True Image 8.0 is an older version and not being distributed any more. I therefore advise that we concentrate our attention on version 9.0, if you do not mind of course.

Please note that we do not provide technical support to people who use an illegal\pirated copies of Acronis software.

Please download and install the official free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your computer from this CD and see if the problem still persist.

Note that the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 has the following limitations:

- From under Windows: all functions available, 15-days trial period;
    - When using Bootable Rescue Media: Recovery feature available only.

If Bootable Rescue CD created using the official free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 fails to recognize your external USB hard drive then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please also check whether your external hard drive is connected to the PC through a hub. If yes, then please connect it directly.

If the problem still persists then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also let us know the exact vendor and model of your external USB hard drive.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.