Does TI 9.0 Home Build 3633 run on Win98SE?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jmk94903, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I just tried to install TI 9.0 Home Build 3633 on a Windows 98SE machine. The installation appeared to go normally. I rebooted and the TI icon was on the Desktop.

However, when I double click the icon, TI doesn't start. When I use Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task Manager, there is a True Image entry, but when I use End Task, it reports that it is not responding. The True Image Monitor is also listed.

This same machine with Windows XP Pro SP2 runs TI 9.0 Home Build 3633 without any problem. I have a mobil hard drive rack, and the operating systems are on two different hard drives on the same computer.

Is anyone running Build 3633 successfully on Windows 98SE?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi there John,

You are not alone. This is a known problem (three previous reports) and is due to be fixed in the next build. Check out this <previous Acronis Support reply>.

Regards

3. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

I think the problem described in my previous post is related to Win98 which I am using. I have subscribed to your newsletter. Please notify me of a working version of ATI compatible with Win 98 SE.

John

4. jmk94903

Thanks. Last night, I missed the other posts on Win98 98SE / ME installation problems with TI 9 Builds 3625 and higher. Just too surprised and frustrated too late at night.

Well, time to wait for another build since I need the direct DVD writing for what I want to do.

Let's close this thread since other identical threads already exist.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

John,

Does this Acronis Support statement (extracted from an <earlier reply>) cause you any concern (my hilight)?

Regards

6. jmk94903

I had forgotten that statement.

OK, TI 9 is out for my purposes on this Win98SE system. I could upgrade it to WinXP and hope that the next build of TI corrects the minor DVD writing and reading errors or I could buy a file backup program that runs on Win98SE and writes to DVDs. Seems like the latter is more practical for now.

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.