Does this look familiar?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by KaneComputing, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Acadia,

I have posted the information in the AX64 thread.

Best regards,

Mohamed

2. aladdin

Hi Samy,

You can accomplish three snapshots (three machines) much, much faster with AX64, like you have described above in your another post. AX64 will have a TREE view soon and then it is easier to see it.

If you need more information on this, then PM Froggie (TheRollbackFrog).

Best regards,

Mohamed

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

aladdin please refrain from posting to suggest using AX64 instead of FD-ISR. This is a thread about the 'new' version of FD-ISR. Members will go to the AX area of the forum should they want info.

Thanks

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Mohamed,

you cannot accomplish the same thing that Samy described with a product other than FD-ISR/InstantRestore.
    InstantRestore snapshots are ready to use working environments; not snapshots as in other programs that need to be restored first... For achieving the same with AX64 Samy would have to use 5 different partitions...

ps. In instantRestore the "snapshot feature" of other products like AX64, are called "archives".

Panagiotis

5. aladdin

Hi Panagiotis,

Many thanks for explaining it so clearly and making it easy to understand the full potentials of FD-ISR/InstantRestore.

Best regards,

Mohamed

6. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

From "Susie Colon" at Raxco:
    1. It (the new Raxco version)should work with previous snapshots from the old (Leapfrog FDISR) program.

2. InstantRecovery doesn’t currently support GPT (UEFI).

3. Are you asking if we still support FDISR? Not the old version but we do
    support the version we are selling now.

4. There are no plans for Raxco to participate in this forum (@Wilders). Support requests need to go through our website.

5. You can use this forum for all things Raxco related.
    perfectdiskprousers.ning.com/

The forum needs registration.

I may not have been the only person in touch with Raxco?

PS:
    Ya, that's the crux for me
    Ive just become so used to that capability :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  7. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

Yep, I realized that InstantRecovery didn't support GPT after I contacted Raxco support. They responded quickly.

8. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, for anyone interested Raxco is offering discounts on most of their products.
    Just enter NEWYEAR14 in the coupon code at checkout.

InstantRecovery is included.I priced it, and it reduced the price down to 48.99 USD.

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

NO FREAKIN WAYYYYYY!!!

Do i believe my own eyes??

This is my Crown Jewel of Instant Recovery solutions of all time!!!!

In reality it's AT LAST been resurrected from the emptiness of it's long past Sunseto_O?

Okay now, have to re-collect myself because this is Major!

Can always reconfigure my disk to MBR. In fact this news will better encourage that changeover.

EDIT:
    Regards EASTER.

10. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

It even supports Windows 2000 :)

System Requirements
    FAQs
    Edition Workstation Server
    OS Support

Windows 8/8.1
    Windows 7
    Windows Vista
    Windows XP
    Windows 2000

Server 2012/2012 R2
    Server 2008/2008 R2
    2003 Server
    2000 Server

Memory

128MB minimum
    256MB recommended

128MB minimum
    256MB recommended

Disk Space

6MB for application
    Additional space required for snapshots will vary*

6MB for application
    Additional space required for snapshots will vary*

File System

NTFS Only**

NTFS Only**

11. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Help me with a few questions please. How does the "InstantRecovery Maintenance / 1 Year Support and Upgrade Protection" work? What happens after the year is up? Do I have to buy the program again after they year is up and I want the newest version or do I get a chance to renew the maintenance fee only?

I have a 120GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. On my OS SSD I have 66GB used and 44GB free space. Is there enough room for a 2nd snapshot? If not I know archives could be stored anywhere. Can snapshots also be stored on a 2nd HDD?

12. dickcu

dickcu Registered Member

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not but here goes. I have FD-ISR on my computer. I installed Instant Recovery on my wife's computer. I made a snapshot there with Instant Recovery and copied it to my computer where I opened the snapshot with FD-ISR with no problem. The programs are identical. Regarding the cost, I contacted Raxco and they told me quote,

"The $69.99 cost is for the License which is a perpetual license. The optional Maintenance (1 Year Support and Upgrade Protection) entitles you to upgrades and updates as well as Technical Support during the Maintenance period."

So it sounds like after a year you'll still be able to use the program but if there are updates you won't get them after a year. Correct me if someone reads it differently.

13. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Interesting.
    About the snapshot you made on your wife's computer and copied and opened on your computer: it didn't matter that after opening her snapshot that her OS was looking at the different hardware of your computer?

14. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thank you kindly for your reply :). I wonder if we get a chance to renew the maintenance protection when it is near to its expiration date? Or I wonder if there is a discount on the full program for existing users?

This is important as they are already talking about Windows 8.2 and I don't want to be stuck with a program that doesn't work.

15. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

I think that a perpetual licence means that you own the program for good, I think the "upgrade protection" is just support during any upgrade within the one year not the upgrade itself.

16. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks for the info guys. IF I return to FirstDefense (now using AX64) I would use the original which worked perfectly on my system. But I am not willing to hack my wife's pc in order to get FD to work and the new InstantRestore, especially at the Holiday price, might just be the ticket.

Acadia

17. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, here's a question. If I were to trial InstantRestore on my wife's system, does anyone know how long that Holiday discount is good for?

Acadia

18. ZeroBits

ZeroBits Registered Member

I was wondering the same thing. Since it is newyear14 I was hoping till Wednesday. I'm going to contact them Monday about this, as well as, upgrade / maintenance support so we all have a clear understanding. I'll report back.

Went ahead and shot an email off:

"I'm currently trying out InstantRecovery and wanted to get more information on purchasing. First, if I include maintenance will I get an opportunity to extend that maintenance before the one year mark expires, so as to keep upto date on new versions, or if not how are upgrades handled? I'm also curious how long the newyear14 promotion will last? Thank you"

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  19. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, ZeroBits, waiting to hear the result.

Acadia

20. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, so how the heck does one get a free trial from Raxco, I just can't figure it out?

Acadia

21. ZeroBits

ZeroBits Registered Member

22. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks again, ZeroBits, but for me that link does not work. Whenever I click on "Download Free Trial" I just get a "privacy" notice popup with nothing to fill in. This happens on all my links to Raxco and I have killed my no-scripts and adblocker, refreshed, still nothing. o_O

Acadia

23. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Edit/Addition to my above post.

I emailed Raxco tech support on how to get this trial and I received this message: "Unable to send email ... Thank you! Your message has been sent". o_O

Sorry Raxco but if this is the best that you can do, I'll stick with the old FirstDefense or newer AX64. (Raxco tech support used to be excellent and their website easy to use).

Acadia

24. aladdin

Hi Acadia,

I had similar problem with Firefox, maybe something ADBlock Plus or BluHell Firewall is blocking it.

So, I tried with iexplorer and it worked, gave me fields to fill in and then I downloaded it.

Best regards,

Mohamed

25. aladdin

Hi Everyone,

I download it and tried to install in VMWare in both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and it didn't install.

Maybe, something had to do with VMWare.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.