Does this combo work okay?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 4leggedAngels, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4leggedAngels

4leggedAngels Registered Member

Re: Is it worth paying for an AV/IS

Forgive my Ingnorance , but Im new here. And I was reading about that Sandboxie and MBam in this Thread here .

And I dont know if this is the right place to post this or not.

Ok Im running windows 7 64bit.

With the Free AVG , and CCleaner

But what I was wanting to know is
    1) Does that Sandboxie and Mbam Play Nice with the CCleaner and the free AVG? ( that is what Im currently running .)

2) And , did you say that them apps are free ? And if so do they keep updated?

3) Do they or will they Work with Windows 8? o_O o_O

Thank you for taking the time for Lookin and answering my questions.

Just Like Kids I love for my Apps to "Play nice " together too!!
    :D :cool: :D :cool:

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

1) Yes, Sandboxie and MBAM should play well with AVG and CCleaner. I haven't seen anyone using AVG reporting an issue with Sandboxie. If you are using AVG, when you install Sandboxie, you will get a prompt to enable Software compatibility, make sure you enable it. That will make both programs work better together. Read this link, in it you ll see a list of applications that are known to conflict with Sandboxie.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts

2) Both programs, SBIE and MBAM, have free and paid versions. Both can be updated in the free version. Both programs offer extra features when you purchase a license. For example, Sandboxies paid version allows you to sandbox programs automatically instead of manually and you can also have more than one sandbox open at the same time. MBAMs free version works as an on demand scanner while the paid version can be used for real time protection. To get a good feel about what Sandboxie is and what it can do or wont do for you, you should read some of this.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?HelpTopics

3) Sandboxie works in Windows 8.

Bo

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  3. 4leggedAngels

Did you mean No instead of bo ??

And thanks for all your help :) And for the Speedy service too :)
    Angels.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The "Bo" at the end of his message is his name, not the answer to #3, if that is the bo you are referring to. He was stating that Sandboxie does work in Windows 8.

5. bo elam

6. 4leggedAngels

7. bo elam

Sandboxies latest version (3.74), it is compatible with W8. The link is saying that the Experimental Protection feature is not available at this time, hopefully it will be in the future.

Bo

8. 4leggedAngels

Thx Bo ,

Im sorry for Misreading:oops: . I think I need to Clean my Glasses here :cool:

Thanks for your patience , with this country dummy here lol .:cool: One more fast question If I may ,
    Is Sandboxie and Mbam Idiot proof ?? aka As Im famous for messing up stuff here, lol. :oops: . If so is there a Sandbox for dummies anywhere lol (laff) .

Once again thanks for all your time and Patience and fast replies. And for taking the time to help me out :)

Btw the links you gave me are a LOT of help Thanks !!!!!!!
    Angels

9. bo elam

Hey Angels, I am from Central America but in my heart, I am a country boy (Georgia).

One of the things that I like about SBIE is that you don't need to learn everything in one day. I have been using the program for about four years and even now, I learn something new everyday. You can take your time learning SBIE. Wilders is a good place to learn about the program.

Bo

10. 4leggedAngels

So nice to meet a country boy :) And thank you so much for all your help :) I knew that there was something I liked about you ;)
    Now Im needing to find out more about win8 b4 I download it lol I hope it just lays over 7 and I dont loose nothing ( already done lost my sanity ;) :D :D lol . Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.