Does the Management Console support batch operations on multiple computers?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrish, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrish

chrish Registered Member

I'm looking at buying Acronis TI Workstation so I can use the Management Console and Agent to remotely image a large number of workstations.

What I understand for now is that I can create a schedule for an individual computer. I also understand that with a bunch of computers, I need to create an individual schedule for each one to be imaged. Is there a way to make a batch schedule so I don't need to schedule each computer individually?

What I want to know is, once each computer's backup schedule has been set, is there a way to select them all (or put them in a group) and make the group all image themselves?

For example, let's say I have 20 computers, each with their own backup schedule to image to another partition on the same drives every Sunday at 3:00 PM. Let's say Friday night I want to push out a software update to all the workstations, but I want to get a current image of all of them before doing the update. Can I have the group of machines all image right then without having to edit the schedule of each one? Maybe not as simple as selecting images in a group, right clicking on them, and clicking an "Image Now" button, but along those lines?

Thanks for the help.

2. chrish

chrish Registered Member

To the top.

3. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Come on guys. A $10,000 sale hinges on this question.

4. Mack

Mack Registered Member

While I can't speak directly to TI workstation, TI Enterprise Server is able to create batch jobs in the management console and deploy to multiple servers.

As for doing a "right now" image, I would suspect that you have have to push a one-time image task to image all the systems.

I am just starting to use TI Server but this is based on a 10 server deployment so far.

Are you talking with an Acronis sales rep or presales engineer? I would suggest it if you havn't already.

Mack

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chrish,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation does support batch tasks for multiple systems through the use of Acronis Group Server. Using Acronis Group Server you will be able to create tasks to back up group of computer, which will be run at determined time, or on your command. You can learn about it in details from the chapter 4.4 “Managing groups of computers” of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

We recommend you to get a free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation to see if it fits your needs by filling this form. You will receive an e-mail with download link.
    With trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation you will be able to fully use the program for a period of 15 days. The only limitations of the trial version is you will only be able to manage 5 workstations with it and Acronis Bootable Rescue Media will have only restore function available.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I will be calling my rep.

7. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Well I just placed the order, and it was indeed well over $10k.

Thanks for responding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.