Does the Comodo forums have easier guides made by MrBrian?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by php111, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. php111

php111 Registered Member

Does the Comodo forums have an easier guide to follow made by MrBrain? I know I saw one guide, but honestly, it's way advanced. It's a guide about anti-executable, or something like that. How many guides did he write that would be easier? I know they have other guides, but I am interested in guides made by him.

I didn't understand a word in that guide. I posted in the Comodo forums about the author, but I didn't receive replies to see if he has more guides.

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

I had another guide, but I requested that it be removed because I think few would use it given the capabilities of CIS v5.x.

I'm sorry that the anti-executable guide was difficult to understand for you. If anyone can suggest how to improve it without removing functionality, suggestions would be welcome.

If you want prompting in CIS v5.x for programs not in CIS' whitelist, you can turn off the Comodo sandbox. Then you don't get the benefits of the Comodo sandbox however.

Are you looking for any specific type of guide?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. php111

php111 Registered Member

Hi MrBrian,

Thank you for your response. I looked at your guide above, and I'm sorry, but I have a difficult time learning due to some mental disabilities. I don't have it as serve, or even profound. I have it mild, and it's enough to make me learn slower.

I am looking for guide to configure CIS Firewall, Defense+, and Sandbox. Do you have any guides like that you wrote that would be easier?

4. MrBrian

The default settings in the latest CIS are probably good enough for most users. You may however want to pay attention to the Defense+ setting for what to do with unrecognized files. I don't use CIS with my newest computer, so I don't have a lot of recent CIS experience to help guide you.

5. php111

php111 Registered Member

Hi Mr. Brain,

Are you able to provide some guides for Defense+ that some other members wrote? I want to clarify that just the CIS settings on default, and pay attention for the Defense+ settings?

I hope you can provides some from other authors.

6. MrBrian

I don't know of any other guides outside of those that you have seen already.

You may want to change the setting for "Treat Unrecognized files as" - see http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-170-1710-Execution-Control-Settings.html. "Blocked" is the strongest setting in terms of security. "Untrusted" is also recommended by some.

If you have questions on whether the default configuration is good enough, you could ask questions at http://forums.comodo.com/install-se...-cis/default-config-good-enough-t75642.0.html.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  7. MrBrian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.