Does the Chrome OS LiveCD threaten your installed OS?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by ronjor, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

How typical of google, when you install their browser in Ubuntu, its quite good, fast and stable and a great viable alternative to slower Firefox, sadly it also ruins synaptic and you have to do a hack to get the speed back or else synaptic and update hangs at 99% for a minute or more, seems like google adds a repo which is not compatible with Synaptic, it does so without any caveat, thats the sad part, when it happened to my system, I blamed slow Ubuntu repos or ppas till I found out it was Google and no one else's fault.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I've never had slow down in synaptic with Chrome installed, maybe I'm just lucky but it works 100% fine, and I have 5 PPA's installed as well as all the ubuntu repos enabled, as well as the opera repos, getdeb and playdeb ones.

4. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

On a side note, where would you get a live CD of chrome/chromium OS for testing? I have had Chromium OS for some time on a virtual box, but would love to test it with real hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.