Does TDS-3 need to be renewed yearly?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Matt_Smi, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I was wondering if TDS-3 needed to be renewed yearly (like most A/V’s) in order to keep receiving new definition updates? Or if once you buy it you get updates for life. Also does TDS-3 work well alongside NOD32 without conflicts?

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

TDS-3 works just fine with NOD32 ....

AFAIK there are no subscription payments now, I've had TDS-3 for longer than a year and haven't seen an invoice yet....

Anything could happen in the future but so far the upgrades between versions have been free and that is far and above anything than most vendors offer. Its both good and bad, if you consider the delays etc that TDS-4 seems to have had, more money coming in might have given more resources to it (if the additional costs didn't erode the user base)

I've been happy enough with TDS-3, I use a startup program to start it after everything else because it doesn't always play nice with the other children during startup (it sometimes has a little sulk and hangs during startup on my computer). I'd hazard a guess that TDS-4 won't do this and by simply using something to defer execution of TDS-3 until everything else has started it is a non-issue

Also have a read of this thread in the NOD32 forum, I would still suggest using a specific AT program but it does depend on exactly how you use your computer and the consequences of getting an infection (ie: how much does it cost you to be without your computer for a day while you restore your backups)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Sounds good, it is fairly light on resources?

4. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I have had some issues with exec-protection enabled TDS3 taking up more than 40mb, but without this feature installed it stays at around 10mb of RAM. I really wish I could get that issue resolved, but as the tech support guy said, since DiamondCS can't come over to my house and examine my setup, there's nothing they can do about it. Oh well, there's always TDS4 to look forward to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.