Does SuperAntiSpyware detect Trojans

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jpcummins, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Today I updated SuperAntiSpyware ran the program and it found the system to be clean. I then updated MalwareBytesAntiMalware (MBAM) ran the program and it found two trojans. This is the very first time that MBAM has found something after I have ran SuperAntiSpyware. Anyone know if SuperAntiSpyware detects anything other than spyware?

I did not know where to look to find the two trojans that was put in Quarantine by MBAM so I was unable to check them with Virus Total or Jotti. But it makes me wonder if perhaps I should be running MBAM in real time and SuperAntiSpyware on demand.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated and as always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

yes SAS does detect trojans, no product will detect everything tho so keep that in mind.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

How dumb can I be. I am so sorry for my post I just wasn't thinking. Of course I will submit the possible false positives to the MBAM forum. Again, sorry.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.