Does SpyWareBlaster Prevent Trojans??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mismis29, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mismis29

mismis29 Registered Member

I was just wondering if SpyWareBlaster prevents trojans. I ran a scan with another tool that I have called 'No-Adware', and it detected something called

Trojan.Simcss.B HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RegValue

I am not able to clean the items that 'No-Adware' detects because it is a trial version. I can't find the item when I search the registry.Should I be concerned? How can I remove it? Do I need a firewall?

Just a note: I already have several tools that I use:

(1) Ad-Aware 6.0
    (2) About:Buster
    (3) HijackThis
    (4) SpyWare Doctor

I know I'm probably being overcautious, but my computer was recently infected with a browser hijacker that was very difficult to remove.

This is the first time that any of these tools found a trojan. Should I get something else?

Thanx so much,

Melissa ('Miss Paranoid" :eek: )

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well... the answer is mostly no, with just a little bit of yes. Here's why...

The Anti-Virus companies are calling some of the new spyware items trojans, and some of those items are installed via malicious ActiveX controls. SpywareBlaster blocks a list of known spyware-related ActiveX controls. So, only in that sense does SpywareBlaster block some trojans.

However, in the more traditional sense, the majority of the true Trojans are in no way blocked or managed by SpywareBlaster.

Now, as far as that scanner and its report goes, you may want to look it up at the site below to help you decide if you want to trust it:

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi
    i recently had no adware also finding a backdoor that none of the other scanners found--also i had the trial version-and i was told this was rogue software--anyway after reading about it i decided thats just what no adware was .i think the last post gave you a link to check it out hope everything turns out ok--a person just about has to be paranoid anymore :D
    Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.