does SP2 CD install Net.Framework?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ive noticed alot of those rss tag things since i installed SP2 from disk. so the Net.Framework comes installed on the CD. is that right?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I belive you' re correct, my xp that came on this comp. had .net framework installed in sp1.

3. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

Not necessarily, but don't worry it will get installed if needed. An example is an installation of Ghost 9.0 where it is required. Ghost installs but before you can use it and register it, XP ( Ghost ) prompts you to install it. All rather seamlessly too. Ya just keep clickin' 'til the apps are tick'n and not even a reboot is needed.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, bigc, and Tsu :). i would check my CD, but i gave it away. ive got another one somewhere, when i see it i'll check.

so bigc says yes it does come on the CD. and Tsu says, not necessarily.

i cant find my hotfixes, windowsupdates in add/remove where are they now?

i must have it because i have all these live BBC bookmarks in FF, it must have come on the CD because i would have noticed if id downloaded it. well i dont see anyone else complaining about it so i'll keep quiet now :blink:

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

The basic .NET framework was on the SP1 disc but the rest of it had to be downloaded via Windows update. I know others who have SP2 installed but do not have .NET as part of the installation. Microsoft may have included a copy of it on the actual SP2 CD and maybe on slipstreamed CDs as well. If you installed via Windows Update or downloading the network install I don't think .NET is included. I think it is one of the options under "Perform Additional Tasks" on the autorun window of the Microsoft disc.

After SP2 was installed I know I had to get the update patch for .NET framework from Windows update but I already had the framework installed on my computer. HTH

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I have a XP install cd with SP2, and Net.Framework is not included. :)

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for all your help :)

but im still confused. does everyone who has FF 1 have live bookmarks? is it a new thing with FF1? (live bookmarks)

and i just went to WU .should i download Net Framework 1.1? :eek: , or do i have it already, if so why is it there?

where are the hotfixes in SP2? i mean in the add/remove place

i think i'll download belarc.

Attached Files:

8. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Hi Iceni60

i) The CD for SP1 contained .NET framework 1.0..

ii) The CD for SP2 did not contain .NET framwork 1.1 (I know 'cos I did the biggest d/l I've ever done on dial-up of 23Mbs) - don't ask me why I bothered- think its something to do with future software may need it... but .NET framework 1.1 was definitely NOT on my SP2 CD.

iii) The orange RSS icon you see on the bottom right of Firefox is, as far as I'm aware, new with FF 1.0PR.

HTH

PS... I just do love Firefox.. :)

Regards

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

yeah, thanks i suppose it makes sense now. ive always had it :rolleyes: it just took abit of time to sink in. maybe i'll dye my hair blonde :D

10. Oremina

Lucky old you.... I wish I still had enough hair to dye.. :D

11. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

12. Oremina

Hey iceni60 - put 30-35 years on that guy and its me!!! :D

13. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

ICE!! Please no blonde jokes!! You know we don't get them, it's not fair!!!:)

Marja:cool:

14. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

sorry Marja, i dont understand what you mean o_O . by-the-way, my new look is fantastic :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.