Does Service Pack 2 slow you down?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dober, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dober

dober Guest

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

On my system, no. Runs as well as ever.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i think it slows my computer a very small amount, but i have an awful computer. if you have just installed SP2 you may need to defrag :)

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Startup and shutdown seem to take a little longer now, probably because of more services running, but otherwise I haven't noticed any difference.

5. k0nsl

k0nsl Registered Member

I experianced a slight increase in my performance, even though I installed it onto my current system which had all the updates and previous Service Pack. I have not experianced one bad thing yet.

I can also highly recommend X-Setup Pro with which you can change a lot of settings to increase your performance and also get rid of some annoyances.

//http://www.x-setup.net/

-k0nsl

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

It's performimg a little better (I think). But a great improve of my LAN. (must have been different settings in the past I used :doubt:)

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yeah, me too, my system seems to be performing better with SP2.

8. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

My system is working fine with SP2 plus I feel it optimises the services a lot better than SP1 did (I certainly don't notice any slow down) I am running XP Pro SP2 - even my laptop is working very well with SP2 installed. Any 'teething' problems I had were sorted by re-configuring my services some of which I had disabled with SP1 needed to be enabled :rolleyes:

9. dober

dober Guest

Hi every one
    the thread was an info to all (see the link provided) and was not a question. sorry and thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.