Does removing Spybot disable some protection?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mele20, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have had Spyware Blaster from its inception (very cool proggie!) and never had items become disabled until just now. A few minutes ago, I was reading GRC NewsGroups and noticed there was a Spyware Blaster update. I opened Spyware Blaster to update and IE, Restricted Zone, and Firefox/Mozilla all had a BUNCH of disabled items! I have NO other antispyware applications. I did have Spybot for many years along with Spyware Blaster. However, the latest version has too many problems so I uninstalled it a few days ago. So, does it seem plausible that somehow uninstalling Spybot affected Spyware Blaster? Or is there another reason for items becoming disabled?

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have found that most "disabling" can be traced to the Tea timer or a particular update, I have the resident unchecked. I agree the new spybot has problems, thats why another app has to backup what spybot finds before I delete anything. I just don't take spybots word for it.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

It is indeed plausible that uninstalling Spybot removed its immunization, which does overlap some of SpywareBlaster's protection. I haven't had a chance to confirm this, but it's definitely a possibility.

If it hasn't happened again, I wouldn't worry about it - especially given the fact that you just uninstalled the latest version of Spybot. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.