Does Paragon free support dynamic drives?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by TheMozart, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Here is a layout of my drives:

http://i42.tinypic.com/r938lz.jpg

Does Paragon FREE backup imaging program support backing up and restoring type dynamic drives?

Cheers.

2. SplinterCell

SplinterCell Registered Member

Yes. If Windows can see them rest assured Paragon can see them. Moreover, I have Paragon free installed on some PC's and it does backup all partitions.

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

But my question was: Does Paragon FREE support backing up and RESTORING Dynamic volumes/drives?

Does anyone know?

4. SplinterCell

Hmm, I was wrong it doesn't: http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/comparison.html :thumbd:

Get rid of the backup partition and use a separate HDD (or use Paragon's backup capsule), convert to basic. Please don't take it the wrong way, it's just a suggestion if you want to use Paragon. Or maybe there's another reason your disk is dynamic?

5. SplinterCell

I formatted a drive as dynamic once loaded it up with stuff I needed and was so mad when I couldn't access it. My sister-in-law only had XP Home and that was a no-go with a dynamic disk. :mad:

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Paragon seems to backup the Dynamic C: drive but can it restore it and will Windows 7 load afterwards?

7. SplinterCell

What I was talking about was a portable drive that I formatted as dynamic for no apparent reason. Since then I always format as basic for compatibility.

I have the paid B&R on all machines now, but maybe later I'll install the free version in a VM. I wouldn't trust it if it says it's unsupported. One thing you could do if you have an extra HDD laying around is format it as dynamic make an image and try to restore. You could even install Windows to your test HDD and perform everything over USB if it has an enclosure. Test, test and re-test.

Paragon works great with my encrypted system, but I had to test it for myself to be completely sure. Grab the paid version and test that out as well, I think it has a 30day trial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.