Does nod32 work on xp tablet edition?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by webyourbusiness, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Will regular NOD32 installer work on XP for Tablet PCs?

thanks

Greg

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Yes I installed one a few weeks ago, no problems surfaced.

3. webyourbusiness

thanks - I'm thinking of getting one... don't want to get a system I can't demo on... ;)

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I haven't come across any software that's not worked fine on a tablet PC...all the normal modern software seems fine, just as if it were installing on XPp.

Forgot...yeah 4x more tablets a few months ago for another client.

BTW if you're just beginning to look, of the tablets I've had to work on lately...the HP tc4200 series are nice, convertibles. And...IBM fiiiiiiinally came out with a Tablet X series. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

5. webyourbusiness

it's a little OT, so let's not get too out of control here... but I was looking at the HP range - a client came in the other day with one, but I never asked which one he had... I've just looked at the HP TC1100 (which his looked like) and the HP TC4200 - which didn't look like his - however, I'm sure he said it was 1.7Ghz, to it *HAD* to be the 4200 I think...

Anyway, I've not seen a picture of the TC4200 split from it's keyboard, which is one of the key factors of having a tablet - apart from the pen technology... I was an early adopter with Apple Newtons, but they became too much of handicap - and their slow ARM processor just didn't cut it with my chicken scratch handwriting all the time... however, this client's handwriting was worthy of any MD's prescription pad - and the HP did a FANTASTIC job of working it all out, plus he carried around the keyboard in his folio, and that was excellent for switching to... I'm just going to have to find out which one he had... 1.2 seems a little weedy... 1.8 might do for on the run... at least I'm hoping so... and if I can remain protected with my favourite AV... all the better! ;)

6. webyourbusiness

hmmm... http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/HP_Compaq_tc4200/4535-3126_16-31273672.html?tag=top

the tc4200 has a fold-down-round screen that stays attached, the client's was detachable completely, like the TC1100... more research required I think, as the TC1100 was doing great on his demo to me, but it's supposedly a rather low powered 1.1ghz or 1.2ghz machine... which for most of it's usage is going to be fine - might rule out some other ideas I had... interesting though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.