Does NOD32 v3 auto scan my USB flash drive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by noduser32, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noduser32

noduser32 Registered Member

I'm using NOD32 v3. on my Vista 64bit PC.

I have my NOD preferences set to be aware of 'removable media'.

Does NOD32 scan a USB flash drive when I insert it? I don't see NOD32 scan message telling me it is scanning the USB flash drive.

Or do I have to do a manual scan on USB pendrives?

Thanks!

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

v4 automatically scans USB media when plugged in, v3 does not. HOWEVER, when you try to access files or if an autorun script is invoked those associated files will be scanned by the real-time scanner. So basically the risk between v3 and v4 is that there is a potential for malicious files to be sitting on the USB key and v3 won't see them unless you actually try to run them. Not exactly a horrible, showstopping gap in protection.

3. noduser32

noduser32 Registered Member

Installed NOD32 v4.

Is there a setting in the NOD32 v4 preferences, so I can a pop-up notification when I put a USB thumbdrive in my computer - so that I know that NOD32 infact see's the USB thumbdrive and is scanning it...and it's ok?

Some way of knowing that NOD32 scanned the thumbdrive sucessfully?

Thanks!

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No. Real-time protection in v4 scans files on removable media with maximum settings on access. As usual, currently scanned files can be seen in the Statistics window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.