does msn messenger require global hooks?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by nice to see you:), Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. does msn messenger require global hooks?

2. also global hooks mouse and keyboard?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, Messenger is on your protected list so is trusted, allowing it global hooks is fine as it will only apply to messenger, if the messenger .exe was to change you would be alerted.
    Some programs may ask for global hooks but never use them or may lose some functionality, if messenger works OK without them do not enable global hooks :)

HTH Pilli

4. thank you :)

Id like to ask you
    how can i protect kav pro and sygate ?

nice to see you :)

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

KAV already has driver level protection as does Sygate so they do not need to be on your protection list. However, their .exe's will be on your security list, so if an unwanted change were to occur you would be alerted. :)
    To ensure that they are protected from closure simply enable both programs in-built password protection.

Pilli

6. thank you Pilli :)

today im trying to instal (virtual cd) in my computer but this instlation fialed because the instaltin can not instal the driver :(
    so I turn on learinig mode but nothing happen alsso I turn of PG
    some problem :(

nice to see you again :)

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Installing in learning mode should work, for the VCD driver to work you will need to reboot after the install and PG should have made the correct allows for the program to run.
    If this does not work, whilst doing the install, you need to disable protection, as exiting the PG GUI does not disable or stop PG's protection.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.