Does Kaspersky log infections/actions? Some weird stuff. Missing files.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Lunatic, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunatic

Lunatic Registered Member

I wanted to review KAV log for any pertinent scan information, after KAV completed a system scan, but could not find it. I wanted to see what files were deleted, or disinfected. I have checked the "Log All Reports" previously. I just noticed one of my applications is gone, along with several of its DLLs. A process viewer (PrcView), apparently it got "removed" even though I specifically added it to exclusion list. Damn it!

Also, during the system scan, I got "You have run out of disk space" window several times. Apparently KAV is not checking available free space (several GB on partition KAV is located on) prior to extracting large archive files. Heh, action log discontinues after this happens, but the scan continues on. Pardon my french, but that is some wacky ****.

By the way, I am testing out KAV Pro.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

What version of Pro are you trying out.

3. Lunatic

Its not beta, if that's what you are thinking.

4. Don Pelotas

I meant the full version #, there has just been an update a couple of weeks ago, and i find that depending on where ppl have downloaded the trial some are still on the old 5.0.20, the latest is 5.0.372. :)

5. Lunatic

5.0.372, That's the one. It happened again just now. "You have run out of disk space", I have few RAR archives that are around 70MB(120MB uncompressed), so I do not understand why this is happening. There is plenty free space.

6. Don Pelotas

Strange, i haven't seen this with such a small archive. Did you install just now and have you rebooted?

Btw. What way did you add the exclusions, the best/correct way is to use "exclusion-link" in the warning-window when Kav finds something you wish to add.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.