Does Java 8 Delay Mean Oracle Finally Serious about Security?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by TheKid7, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Does Java 8 Delay Mean Oracle Finally Serious about Security?
    http://threatpost.com/does-java-8-delay-mean-oracle-finally-serious-about-security/

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

If they completely scrap it and rebuild it, perhaps. Other than that, it'll be more of the same. I don't take Oracle at all seriously.

3. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

I don't have high hopes.

They may improve somewhat, but Java's own goals of "being architecture neutral, portable, and dynamically adaptable", although noble, give room for an inherently insecurity by design. :p

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Well, I mean how many times does it take? It's one thing to constantly need patching, all software does. But they have to patch their patches. Every. Single. Time. No end user should have to suffer that kind of, well, I have no way else to put how I feel it is, incompetence. It doesn't even take a month before patches are needing patches, that's just unacceptable to me. They've honestly earned the harsh criticism.

5. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

On one of my projects, we simply have Java in a recurring weekly patch SCCB for our systems in scope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.