does it make a difference??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LJM Master, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Hi, LJM here, if most people around here prefer Avast! Home Edition to AVG Free edition, does the fact that incorporated into AVG, is revolutionary technologises like Virus Stalker an' Active Modular core, make a difference or change the minds of the people who favour Avast! over AVG.....to my knowledge, Avast! Home Edition does have theses technologises incorporated into it, apologises if i'm wrong about that though....

Please get back to me on this!!.....cheers

regards,
    LJM

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well as far as i can tell AVG6 is a outdated software. Definitions are still updated,but program itself is way too old.
    I don't think that Stalker module makes any difference. Its also outdated...
    AVG7 might be better in this field,but AVG6 is certanly not.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

4. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

thanks four both of your replies....I appreciate them both...

erm...RejZor, u sed that AVG6, is an outdated program, does this mean that Grisoft should release some major upgrade of their free software, to keep the program itself, updated and better maintained??

thanks (regards)
    LJM

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well each company uses different style of offering free software.
    Panda,eTrust and AVG offer one version older AV for free.
    Its still fully functional,but its program component is rarely updated or even not at all. On the other hand avast! Home Edition (and i think Panda is also updated from time to time) is updated along with payable Pro version,but it has certain limitations like no enhanced interface,no PUSH update system and less settings over packers and predefined on virus found commands.
    In the end detection capability for both Home and Pro is the same (on default settings) and program core is updated regulary. I belive this is one positive thing. Just check what is better for you. All in one updated package with some small limitations(that aren't really so limitating) or a fully featured product that isn't totaly up-to-date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.