Does IMON reduce internet speed??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kumarprabhatn, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kumarprabhatn

kumarprabhatn Registered Member

I m using nod32 since a month.. It turned out to be a good antivirus.. but since 2 days i m observing decrease in speed of my internet.. If i disable IMON everything is back to normal.. I have followed all the settings prescribed in this forum.. Any sugestions :cool: ??

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You might want to try lowering the limit for switching to passive mode in the IMON setup.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

lowering of internet speed is subjective - you should not notice a slow-down unless you're downloading lots of large files that need to be scanned by IMON - larger files take a lot longer to scan than smaller ones obviously.

When you say that you're noticing a decrease in speed, have you tried to quantify that?

If you have, there are two types of internet speed tests, one kind uses download of a number of large files - the tests normally report back to the server when completed and this can be delayed by IMON - and of course, that will add a slow-down.

The other kind of test, namely the java applet type always seem to be more accurate in my experience.

I'd recommend using a couple of different tests from different providers, and then trying the same tests with IMON turned off. Then turn back on IMON and tweak your settings as Marcos described.

Another thing to consider are remnants from a previous solution - run a registry cleaner, then fix your network settings using the in-built fix, and winsock repair. Reboot and run your tests again.

You might also follow some of the great advise that can be found on speedguide.com - you can MASSIVELY increase your computer's responsiveness in a few quick tips you'll find there.

hth

Greg

4. kumarprabhatn

kumarprabhatn Registered Member

Can you please tell me lower which limit?? There are 2 limits :rolleyes: .. Please tell to reduce by how much ?? Thanks :) ..

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Mine is set to 100kb and the other one is just disabled.
    You might wanna experiment on what works best for you.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.