Does Ewido Detect Hacks to SourceForge Projects?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by test_of_webmail, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test_of_webmail

test_of_webmail Registered Member

I used to use lots of freeware and shareware in the 90's. But now, even if a development project is legit, a mirror site might add crap to the file converting it into spyware.

Can Ewido detect if sourceforge type software has had malicious elements added ? Or is it not designed to handle that sort of thing?

Thanks

2. btman

btman Registered Member

Try ewido and see if you like it :) I put my anti-MALWARE (not just spyware) faith in ewido. You'll have to wait for an ewido team answer for that specific question but it should stop the spyware before it touches your file if you have the guard on. During my 14 day trial I ran full system scans and they couldn't find anything because the guard was on.

3. test_of_webmail

test_of_webmail Registered Member

Thanks. Do staff generally reply to questions?

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, they don't, not to all questions, many can be handled by other users. To answer your question, yes, if it's in the database or within the scope of the heuristics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.