Does ESET Smart Security 4 have a 2-way firewall?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by positronic, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. positronic

positronic Registered Member

Hello,

I've searched this forum to see if this has been answered, searched the software website, and downloaded the free trial and searched through the help file, but cannot find the answer to whether the firewall that comes with the suite is 2-way. Consumer Reports lists this software as number 1, followed by MacAfee suite. If ESET is indeed 2-way, I will buy it over the MacAfee.

Thanks.

2. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

It is a 2way firewall. It has Inbound and Outbound control over network access to applications.

3. positronic

positronic Registered Member

Okey, thanks. I think it would be a good marketing idea for ESET to mention this when describing their product, since I believe this is something many people look for in a firewall. MacAfee has this mentioned in their highlights of their product description.

Regards.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have contacted a product marketing manager at ESET and asked if the description of the ESET Personal Firewall on ESET's web site can be updated to reflect that it is a bidirectional firewall.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.