Does ESET ENOD32 run as a service on WHS?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GamingSV, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GamingSV

GamingSV Registered Member

Hi, im thinking about getting this for my WHS Home Server but i have a few questions before getting it.

1. From my research, this version supports WHS correct?
    2. Does it run as a service? Or will i have to be logged in for it to run scans.
    3. If i set a scheduled scan (daily) will it run the daily scan without being logged in?

Thanks.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Historically, only the Business Editions of Nod32 could be installed on Windows Server OS's so you may need to wait for that. As for the software itself, it runs as a system service that constantly scans regardless of a user being logged in. Scheduled scans are initiated from that system service and will happen automatically so long as the system is up.

3. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Afaik, the Home edition installer can be used in Windows Home Server, win NT4, win2k, XP, Vista, Seven and it will run as a service.
    If you have some other questions, you can post it here. Thanks.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus runs with both a service component ("EKRN") and a userland component ("EGUI"). You can install the ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4/v50 Home Edition on Microsoft Windows Home Server. The earlier ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3 Home Edition was released before Windows Home Server and does not recognize it as a home server operating system. As SmackyTheFrog noted, scheduled scans are performed by the service, so you don't need to be logged in for them to occur.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.