Does Drive Snapshot ever go onsale?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm satisfied with AX, Paragon and W7's tool but in the vein of never to many tools, just wondering! Thank you!

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear Ratchet,

For the friends of the developer and you can consider yourself to be one, it is FREE. Monthly updates are done with the trial period extended for another 30 days.

Best regards,

Mohamed

3. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

That is merely a weak rationalization to avoid paying the developer for his product. I too was aware of the existing loophole but still paid for the software so that I could truly consider myself a friend of the developer and promote the product's continued development.

There is another more appropriate term for those who pretend that they are "friends of the developer" when they are actually violating his wishes by finding ways around buying a license. I'll let you figure out what that term might be.

Quoted directly from the Drive Snapshot site:

http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/down.htm

4. aladdin

But then what is the reason for the trial being extended every month?

You haven't answered this question?

And, there is no need for you to be nasty about it. If you have purchased the software more kudos to you. I don't use this software as I own imaging software which have WinPE or WinRE offered with them. I don't have obsolete diskette drives in my computers, nor do I have obsolete CD/DVD in my computers.

5. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

It's not "extended". The prior version times out after 30 days (for those who have downloaded and employed it.)

The new version on the site is posted to afford new potential (paying) customers the opportunity to try it before purchase.

Finding a way to steal something when the owner isn't looking doesn't justify it. Nor does it make one a "friend".

Is the portion of the quoted text that I posted in bold really ambiguous to you or are you just looking for an excuse to do the wrong thing because it's easy to accomplish?

Let your conscience be your guide but don't go on a public forum and promote what is tantamount to theft.

I am not being nasty. I am stating the facts. Only a guilty conscience would consider such being nasty.

6. aladdin

Again, in your haste and heat you are missing the point. Any, software you try in computer for 30 days trial period, it will not work after 30 days, even a new version is released. And, quit being obnoxious about "conscience and tantamount to theft".

Whereas, Drive Snapshot is released every month extending the 30 days trial period. Read it on their site.

7. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I'm sorry you find the issue so confusing. In the United States, (since I can't speak for other codes of law), "deliberate ignorance" of the law is not a proper legal defense.

Remind me to never leave my wallet laying around in any room you inhabit.

8. aladdin

Again, you are being obnoxious. Don't hide your nastiness behind that you are an American. I am an American too, and I know the law too.

Tom the author has been on this forum.

Ask yourself these questions, and then try to answer them for others.

1. Why every month there is a new version?

2. Why this new version extend the trial for another 30 days.

3. Why there is no change log for the monthly released version?

Like, I said don't be obnoxious and don't be accusatory. Be a good reader, and read properly, I don't use this software. In USA, you can be sued for calling people thieves.

Be manner-able!

9. aladdin

Dearest Ratchet,

I have asked myself the same question in the past, why this gem of software is not being marketed properly? Though, it lacks many features when it comes restore, such as Restore Media beside DOS Diskette.

Sometime, I wonder Tom is only relying on Corporate Sales and the loyalty of his friends. This is considered marketing too! Though, I might be wrong.

The old coot who used to own this software asked Tom once, why there is no change logs and why a new version every month which extends the 30 days trial. The answer he got that it was extended for his friends.

Best regards,

Mohamed

10. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

There is nothing ambiguous unless you want it to be.

Why don't you send an email to Tom and ask him if his intention was to have people download a new trial copy of the software each month to avoid having to pay for a license.

Do you really wonder what he would say? I'm pretty sure that even software developers have to eat and support their families despite their generosity in sharing their products before requiring a purchase.

Finally, I only referred to American law because that is the law that I am familiar with and upheld throughout my career in federal law enforcement. Though I've worked with Scotland Yard, RCMP and numerous other international law enforcement agencies I don't consider myself an expert on the laws of other sovereign nations.

Have a good day, Aladdin.

11. aladdin

Did you read my above post, about Aaron Here?

So, you are the mole on this forum! Good for you.

NSA doesn't work without you!

Still in your haste, you have not read what I have written and answered my questions?

Be a good reader. And, answer my questions?

I am glad that you are no longer being obnoxious anymore and being manner able.

12. aladdin

BE A GOOD READER!

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay so if the question is answered is there any need to continue this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.