Does defensewall truly remove its blocked malwares?not sure!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by demoneye, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Can you explain how malware would remain frozen even if DW was uninstalled? And what if protection was temporarily disabled for whatever reason? How would that affect the frozen malware? Thanks.

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

There are pros to each program, no need to say which is better, more along the lines of, which do you prefer.

I still maintain the most attractive part with DefenseWall is that you (more specifically, the average novice user) can use your downloads in anyway you please without them affecting your system. You can open PDFs, music files, and so on. Keep them on your desktop or wherever, for as long as you like, and use them for as long as you like. You see the files, the downloads in front of you.

Yes with sandboxie a more experienced user can download/recover files into another folder which will always run sandboxed, but there is a degree of risk the file is dragged out of the sandboxed folder, say copy and pasted to the desktop, and then run, which could cause system damage. (Yes, same could be said with a novice user running a file as trusted in DefenseWall, but I think it'd more likely a novice would recover say a dangerous file from a sandboxie prompt than right-clicking on a dangerous file and running it as trusted from DW - just my opinion).

All depends on the user and which one they understand better. For those with many downloads, downloading all sorts of files and with 'limited security knowledge', I'd still lean towards DefenseWall. But that's just my preference.

3. Saraceno

Just slightly off-topic, and this could be a new topic, those playing online games, has sandboxie, DefenseWall proved to have less problems?

The option always exists to use returnil or shadow defender. Just wondering if either SB or DW work well with online games or not.

4. Saraceno

Thanks ssj100. :thumb: Might try good ol counter strike source either sandboxed, with DW, and then with Shadow Defender, see how each go.

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

yes your right ilya its just a "place" or a folder , like all virtual software does (vmware ,virtual box) but its still isolated you from your real os :)

6. demoneye

i think u just point the main problem , SB is so easy to use, i can configure high restricted environment in less than 20 sec :D (so am i an undetected genius or what ? NO I AM NOT :D )

if ppl are damn lazy to understand and learn something it`s theirs own problem.
    and this thread is not sandboxie VS defenswall , i open this thread about how its so dangerous and unclear to remove what DW catches :D

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  7. demoneye

this is also a bad attitude , also mentioned in DW manual (Regular users: Use a standard anti-virus or anti-malware scanner to get rid of any left-over malware modules. Inactive malware is harmless, so the time of reaction of anti-virus vendors and new signature updates is not really important in this case.),using 3rd party software to accomplish its mission . do u trust the avs clean 100% your infected pc?? man u must be naive if u think so :D , anti virus leave (in good situation) lots of un deleted reg record of the "removed" malware , in the worse situation it say "clean" but it doesn ! and malware back to work ;)

8. demoneye

its not a "big deal " if all run smooth , but what apped if u want to uninstall DW from certain reason ? (its not working , or u want to change your secuirty setup)

what than gona append?! i thing the answer is obvious , DW go , and malware start to party HEHE:argh:

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i imagine a criple malware dancing:D :argh: :thumb:
    couple of worms doing the macarena dance :):):)

10. demoneye

that was good

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

man i am laughing laud here,i dont know where it came from:D the idea of the dancing worms maybe in my mind:argh: :argh: :argh:

12. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

That white stuff you stirred into your Colombian coffee was sugar wasn't it :cool: :D

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

my eyes are crossed;)
    it is coffee cream buddy:D :argh: :)

14. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I think herein lies the problem. We try to teach people NOT to install programs from untrusted sources. It's fine if you want to test such things or are researching malware in a controlled environment, but if we're talking about computer safety and security for the masses and not just for some Wilders users, education begins with not downloading from unknown/untrusted sources. It's not easy and some users will carry on regardless with or without protection.

I think this is one of the reasons why some people here say they don't ever or very rarely get infected with computer viruses because they use this mantra as one of their ways of protecting themselves. Having various technologies to help against malware is all well and good, but being protected does begin with what you do online.

15. Saraceno

Agree Tony.

The majority of people I know who have installed a decent media player (VLC player for example), an image viewer (faststone image viewer), browser (firefox), and some software for burning (ImgBurn and DVD Shrink), will rarely have problems.

When you go in search for that new unknown program, or that pirated download (portable Adobe LightRoom comes to mind) you increase the risk of infection dramatically. I've been stung a few times by trialling a new program I didn't even need, just that my curiosity got the better of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.