Does Chrome get the latest page of a webpage automatically?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

One of the things I hated about Firefox is that there is not straightforward method to tell the browser to always refresh/get the latest version of a page without going to about:config

Typing: browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

Then setting the value to 1

Now I got sick of Firefox having intermittent crashes due to a bug with its Flash Player and I tried Chrome and liked the fact that it is much snappier browsing websites...

so Im keeping Chrome

But my question is...

does Chrome automatically grab the latest version of a web page?

Let's say I am on MajorGeeks.com do I have to press CTRL + F5 to do hard refresh everytime I visit the page or does Chrome do that automatically to deliver the latest contecnt? I need this feature as it is vital especially when browsing Forums to get the latest content

I dont know how Chrome acts by default and if it doesnt automatically get the latest version of a page...what and how to change the setting?

I like how in IE it is so simple to do this by going to Internet Properties and choosing always get latest version of a page upon every visit...done!!

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Chrome uses a cache just like Firefox but it forces a repaint on every refresh (hence the white flash bug.) So, yes.

3. berryracer

I see.

PS: What white flash bug?

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Due to repainting every time you reload there's occasionally a "white flash" where you only see the default background. It's not always noticeable.

5. berryracer

Ah ok, I never noticed it but Im glad Chrome acts right by default and gets the latest version of a page when you visit it

cheers pro

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.